Thursday, January 7, 2010

Med prescribed me with ketoconazole shampoo. will my scalp fungus go away?

been usin it for a week, no improvement.Med prescribed me with ketoconazole shampoo. will my scalp fungus go away?
Use it twice weekly. You need to massage it into your scalp and leave it for about 10-15 minutes. Ketoconazole is first line treatment followed by oral medication if ketoconazole fails. I'd give it one more wk and see your dr if there is no improvementMed prescribed me with ketoconazole shampoo. will my scalp fungus go away?
I get a skin fungus about once a year usually during the summer. I have tried everything, but nothing seems to work better than the ketoconazole pills because it works internally, rather than topically. Ask your doctor if he can call you in a prescription. I got one that I had to take for 7 days, for only $6.00 (with no insurance). Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment