Monday, December 28, 2009

Best shampoo to prevent an itchy scalp?

I'm a guy, 24 years old, and lately my scalp has been getting itchy. Not ';can't stop scratching';-itchy, but enough to be annoying.





I don't think I have dandruff (never noticed it on my black shirts or anything), but maybe it's there.





Can anyone tell me which shampoo would be best to use (Head %26amp; Shoulders ,etc)?





Thanks.Best shampoo to prevent an itchy scalp?
I find that Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Shampoo and Conditioner work very well for itchy scalp!! Make sure u are not putting Conditioner of ANY kind on your scalp directly..only on the ends. Clean your scalp while shampooing with fingertips only..vigorously do not scrub with your nails and then after the conditioner use a nice cool rinse to get the conditioner out..good luckBest shampoo to prevent an itchy scalp?
Do you have really thick hair? I do and lots of times it's because your not rinsing all you shampoo and conditioner etc out. Also I have a very dry skin and scalp and I use a tea tree shampoo. I get it at walmart. I cannot remember the name for my life, but it works really well. I also find that if I just rinse my hair out with water instead of washing it every day it als helps. Hope your problem clears up! :)
Definately Head and Shoulders.
For itchy scalp, pls do not use Head %26amp; Shoulders shampoo to treat it. Bcoz it contain harmful ingredients like sodium lauryl sulfate, prop. glycol, formaldehyde etc... All these will irritate ur scalp further. Instead u should use 2nd Chance Sh. spray wth Eliminator (fight bacteria) and spray Replinishing Mist to keep scalp healthy %26amp; promote healthy hair. Julia L
TGEL
Yep, use Head and Shoulders. Also, any tea tree oil shampoo will work.
Head %26amp; Shoulders Intensive Solutions





for product information w/ $2 off coupon: http://www.intensivesolutions.com/us-en/
there are alot of damaging and irritating chemicals in most shampoos such as Sodium Laureth Sulphate or Sodium Lauryl Sulphate which makes shampoo foam up. It also widely used in dishwashing liquids, car washes (degreasers). It is a skin irritant (they sometimes use it in tests to irritate skin to test products) and is known to dy out our scalp, corrode hair follicles and damage your hair and it is in MOST big brand shampoos....there are others to look out for too that are potentially carcinogenic.





There are many shampoos which do not contain these harsh ingredients that also foam well with natural foaming agents such as coconut which cleanse and moisturize your hair and scalp really well without damaging it. They have very moisturizing properties and can make a huge difference to improving the condition of your hair.





Also using natural oils and herbs from your garden can help to soothe your scalp...try using 10 drops of teatree (melaleauca oil) mixed in with your NON SLS shampoo to help with itching and rinse your hair with warm chamomile tea.
My son uses a Head and Shoulds sensetive skin shampoo and it works great. Hes 12 and has always had an itchy scalp. No dandruff just itchy like you. This brand is not harsh like the normal dandruff shampoos. Its easier on your scalp.
You can always try Head %26amp; Shoulders- that's usually pretty effective.





If that doesn't work, try REDKEN Scalp Relief/Dandruff Control. (It comes in a white bottle.) I use that and it works really well for me.





Good luck and sorry your scalp's itching! Lol.
I used to have an itchy scalp but then I started using Head %26amp; Shoulders and it really worked. I would highly recommed it.
Head and Shoulders or maybe even just some herbal tea tree shampoo, this smells really nice too
redkin dandruff rid it comes with a shampoo, a conditioner, and, a gel that you put in when its wet and by morning it wont itch anymore!!!





GL!!!
Nizoral shampoo.
Keep it simple. You want something that suits you best and that you can depend on. Try Head %26amp; Shoulders, and if that doesn't suit you, you can move up to medicated products such as Selsun Blue, or Nizoral.


In the long run, Head and Shoulders should definetely work.


You should use Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo鈩?br>

and Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Conditioner, as these two work hand in hand to resolve your issue.
Head and Shoulder def. It's the best to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment