Monday, December 28, 2009

Scalp psoriasis suffererers, what is the difference between Polytar and Polytar AF shampoo?

I have been dealing with psoriasis for 32 years and the best medication that I have used is Dermarest from Wal-Mart for $6. Believe me I have tried all the expensive medications and this works better.





For the scalp I have discovered that Head and Shoulders Intensive Treatment Dandruff Shampoo works well and cost about $5.


Scalp psoriasis suffererers, what is the difference between Polytar and Polytar AF shampoo?
Hi, I've had it now for about 6 years. I tried every prescription drug going and to no avail. Anything that was steroid based only works when you use it, and I found it usually returned much worse when I stopped using it.


The best things I found are below:


- A good quality multivitamin - centrum, seven seas etc. It is believed that psoriasis is flared up by stress and mineral imbalances.


- Exercise - this releases endorphins into the body, and promote a healthier body


- Quit smoking / drugs / excessive drinking - I was guilty of all 3, and now only drink socially. All 3 thrash your bodies defenses, and alcohol especially dries out your skin, making psoriasis worse.





I had it really bad at one point. Like you it was on my scalp, which is horribe and embarressing, especially at the barbers. It took around 3months of this routine to notice any effect, but them it started improving rapidly. After 2 years, I now only have it on my elbows, and the very occaisional 'spot' here and there. I don't believe that doctors have a successful treatment fot psoriasis, and make people use old and antiquated treatments, that in my experience are sticky and smelly.


Hope this helps.





Scalp psoriasis suffererers, what is the difference between Polytar and Polytar AF shampoo?
I don't know but I never found that Polytar worked very well, so if this is a new one I would like to know what it's like.



If you are having problems please go to www.salcura.com they do a shampoo which I know will help you

No comments:

Post a Comment